Wednesday, October 14, 2015

America's Next Top Model Ending After Cycle 22

In case you haven't heard the news by now: Tyra has announced that Cycle 22 will be the final season before America's Next Top Model is put to rest. I figured now would be the best time as any to explain my relationship with the show: I've been watching since cycle 5 when I was 9 and I just feel shock. I haven't had this sensation of numbness since I heard about Mirjana; it's like seeing my childhood die before me; it's the scariest thing I've ever experienced.

But let's just say that I'm not shocked. ANTM had been going downhill for a while and it was only a matter of time. My personal favorite simile was to that of a sickly dog.


Back in 2003, it was a fun, energetic puppy. Full of charisma and spunk, ANTM was out there running around; avoiding getting beer spilled on its fur. Then the problems started to arise. She got older and not as well-coordinated. Even smizing couldn’t fix her vision problems. She limped along the house, working the hallway not as a runway but as a stairway to heaven. 

And now the time has come. No matter what issues she had, no matter how much she peed in a diaper on the carpet, it’s tragic to see your childhood be put down. But this isn’t an euthanization, it’s a eulogy. Top Model has given us so many great moments and it’s only right to bury it with the love it has given us over the years.

Bon voyage, America’s Next Top Model. In our hearts, you’ll always be 30-Never.



Fierce and luv,
Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts